Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Floor Jansen Gets ReVamped P1

Floor Jansen Gets ReVamped PART I
Floor Assumes Lead Vocals for Nightwish

   The news had broke on Oct 1, 2012. Nightwish ousts current vocalist, Annete Olzen, dumping her mid-tour in the States and without even a breath of panic or admission of anything rather out of the ordinary, announce within the same breath that they are happy to inform their fans that they would be continuing the rest of their North American tour with Floor Jansen. Me, being the major fan of Floor that I am, but not such the fan of Nightwish, immediately jumped to the bands' tour page to see that they were coming to my city within 2 weeks! It was absolutely crazy for me, it was actually beyond words. I jumped on those tickets with a quickness, and eagerly awaited the show as I monitored the Fans of Nightwish, go  absolutely bonkers.
   When I started writing this blog, It was quite evident to me that most of these bands do not tour the States very often, knowing of Epica, Sonata Artica and very few others to have toured. After Forever, had toured a rather small tour in the States, only to have broken up shortly after, to which I figured Id never get the chance to see Floor sing live, since her just brand-new band ReVamp was barely a blip on the radar over here, I figured it would take a festival of some kind that I would probably have to fly to another state, just to get to, if that would EVER even happen.... But the news on that faithful day brought to me my Queen. The whole experience was one of sheer joy, happiness, and smiles ear to ear wide. Even if I am not a fan of Nightwish.
    The following clip is from the actual concert I went to, taken only a few feet from me. The song was among the many stand outs but it was her delivery of the last final note, as to the audience began to bellow and scream in sheer delight, she then raised her output WELL ABOVE the volume of the crowd in a glorious moment which simply left the whole crowd astonished and in disbelief. It gave me goosebumps, tears in my eyes, and an estatic feeling that comes back to me whenever I watch it, and re-live it. Thankfully, as we all now know, she has signed on with Nightwish as their singer, and will continue on with her own project, ReVamp. Which will join a tour with Sabaton and Iced Earth in the States in 2014! You bet I wont miss it!


Nightwish - Ghost Love Score (Live, FTL, Florida)


Next update... Floor gets ReVamped Part II
Songs 98-99

No comments:

Post a Comment